POPULAR POSTS

PARTNER SITES

Test Footer 2

SUBSCRIBE BY E-MAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Lionheart Movies

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Wan't this Badge?

You Are Here: Home » Horror Movies , Star Cinema » T2 Movie Review



Ok, I admit I got so tempted to dismiss this new horror flick from Star Cinema...

After Sukob, that apparently became the highest-grossing Filipino film ever even if it actually ain't all that (how predictable is Kris' death there?! eugh)
Bumaba tingin ko sa Chito Roño horrors ko then...

But anyway, I watched it na rin with my nieces, nephews and sister... I had low expectations...but damn... I was pleasantly surprised to how well-written the film is! It wasn't overrated like Feng Shui or overhyped like Sukob... It wasn't a simple horror flick that will make you scream... It makes you think... It almost made me a believer in Engkantos and how they live amongst us...

Without giving any spoilers... T2 follows Claire...who apparently played the role of a "pawn" by this play orchestrated by the "Engkantos" to take Angeli away... she meets the kid in a far-away orphanage/convent... and it started there... How the story progressed was really good, how the scenes are weaved...very nice... Even the awkward seeming prologue made sense as the movie went on... It kept getting better until the movie hit the climax which wasn't overdone at all...

The characters themselves were real... Claire played by Maricel Soriano has to be one of the most dynamic Filipino film characters I've ever seen... A real person is not monotonous, we deal with different problems and demons...so does she, she had real issues and other problems outside the kid Angeli...and Maricel Soriano gave the perfect performance for this dynamic woman...

Angeli on the other hand, played by Mika dela Cruz, is one of the most endearing child characters for me... I actually felt somewhat sympathizing with the kid...

There weren't too many characters which was good because the movie didn't seem overcrowded...

My reaction towards the title prior to watching the movie was... Ok ok, so the plot happened sa T2? Why name it T2... pero now...I get it... di lang dahil sa nangyari sa T2 yung "scary" scenes... that tenement was something else... It was like... the home-base for engkantos... hahaha

There was a surprise appearance from John Lloyd Cruz and Carmen Soo, i wouldn't even call it cameos because they appeared in more than one scene... I wouldn't give away their roles...but all I'll say is they're crucial roles...

The only thing I didn't like at all about the film was the epilogue...the ever cheesy Filipin epilogues... Well, this one wasn't really cheesy...but... let's just say, they probably made it to leave a spot for future sequels where they can pick up somewhere and it would be easier...but c'mon, the kid deserves a break... patahimikin na ang bata!!! hahahaha (see, i felt attached sa bata...)

Over-all, it wasn't the typical horror film because I wasn't so scared about it naman...but it did left me hanging on the edge of my seat... It made me think about...maybe we really live amongst them...

Great direction, great acting and very very well written!!!!

1 comments

  1. Anonymous says:

    thanks for a very good movie review :)

Post a Comment

Label 4