POPULAR POSTS

PARTNER SITES

Test Footer 2

SUBSCRIBE BY E-MAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Lionheart Movies

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Wan't this Badge?

You Are Here: Home » Bea Alonzo , John Lloyd Cruz , Love Stories , Miss You Like Crazy , Movie Reviews , Romance Stories , Star Cinema » Miss You Like Crazy Movie Reviews



After John Lloyd and Bea's blockbuster hit One More Chance (another 5 ✮ in my book for local films) comes this post-Valentine offering Miss You Like Crazy (MYLC). The film talks about love and its perfect timing. Is there really such a thing as right time when it comes to falling in love? -- trailer tag line.

I loved the movie because of two things. First, the main characters are realistic and "within reach". Unlike other Pinoy flicks showing the bidas as near-perfect, MYLC's Allan (JLC) and Mia (Bea) are so flawed. They have their own issues and they made mistakes which most of us can truly relate. Tao lang po. Second, I liked how the story played with the elements of time making the viewers wonder how long it has been or which part this particular scene belongs to.

Story-wise, ok lang. Acting is two-thumbs up! JLC and Bea's amazing chemistry is still there. The supporting cast also delivered well. Ketchup Eusebio playing the gay friend of Bea is funny. The film's highlight location, Malaysia, is close to my heart so I love the shots taken there. I will rate this movie 4/5 because of the two points I mentioned above and because of the Korean-feel cinematography which I find refreshing.

Link here

I'm such a John Lloyd - Bea Fan... I duno! they just have the chemistry or maybe because i love their movie ONE MORE CHANCE so much that i've seen it a hundred times already. heheheh... everybody can relate to that movie... lines are so exactly correct and precise! and believe me i have lots of guy friends seen and love the movie too...

And now there's a new movie of them both together again... Miss you like Crazy... seems like another box office hit and a very nice setting... Petronas Twin Towers! been there huh! so i would never really miss this movie! nah... nah... nah...

The Verdict? Indeed! A very romantic movie and a tear jearker as well... i cried... yes! i cried... cathchy lines is still there like... "TIME IS MEANINGLESS WHEN YOU'RE IN LOVE!" and 'TODAY IS THE DAY. BELIEVE!" and much more...

I do like the movie... I'd learned something and realized that "If you're really meant for each other...Whatever...Wherever... Whenever... You two will be together forever..."

"IF SEEINGS BELIEVING IT'S WORTH THE WAIT... SO HOLD ME AND TELL ME IT'S NOT TOO LATE... WE'RE SO GOOD TOGETHER... WE'RE STARTING FOREVER NOW..."

Link here

I just got home around 12:30AM. I usually watch John Lloyd movies on the first day of showing, but for some reasons, I didn't this time. Luckily, I had a very nice friend who agreed to accompany me to watch it for last full show.

Both characters portrayed their roles as best as they could. Mia, and Allan, met by chance in an unexpected way, place and time. That's when things started to go in circles. Twists and turns, they had to find their way to make it a happily ever after.

It may not be as epic as their last movie, One More Chance, but somehow, it did leave a mark to me. It had flaws yes, but the movie is still worth watching, and worth the price at Cinema 7. The movie tried to show a different John Lloyd and Bea, more mature roles, and more diversity in acting. I salute not only the main characters, but everyone who's part of the movie. They've done a job good enough to pull the movie through. There are lines really worth remembering, and scenes which I think would be a classic. The Petronas Towers story of Mia at Kopiroti, the scene with lolo Yulie.

Link here

One thing I didn't miss: the new John Lloyd-Bea flick.

I cried. Which is not surprising, because I cry easily over movies. I cried over that third Tanging Ina movie and Bruce Almighty, demmit.

But apparently this movie was able to make even my friend Agie cry, which is in a feat itself, because she has a cold, cold heart. (I must qualify: only when it comes to movies, because she'll kill me if she reads that I have told the world she's basically heartless.)

Before the movie, Elaine and I had planned to buy Kleenex in anticipation of what we assumed would be the solution to El Nino, but stores were closed. I had to make do with my hankie. I tried being sneaky about the whole crying thing, like, pretending that I wasn't teary-eyed, but apparently, gravity is my enemy.

And, I saw a male senior associate from my old law firm, seemingly alone, waiting in line to watch the movie. Awesome, and totally disturbing.

Link here

Share

0 comments

Post a Comment

Label 4