POPULAR POSTS

PARTNER SITES

Test Footer 2

SUBSCRIBE BY E-MAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Lionheart Movies

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Wan't this Badge?

You Are Here: Home » News , Star Cinema » Jake Cuenca is willing to play gay roles



Jake Cuenca continues to earn positive feedback for his performance in the top-rating teleserye Tayong Dalawa, proving how much he has grown as an actor. But amidst all the praises and comments about him deserving an acting award nomination, Jake pointed out that his priority is still to entertain people. “I’ll always lean towards entertaining the people kasi that’s what my job is all about. It would be a dream come true and I’d love to receive an award. I’d really be thankful for that. But when I’m doing a scene, I don’t think about winning an award, but to internalize a character. ‘Yan ‘yung inuuna,” Jake said.

As far as roles are concerned, Jake shared that he is open to doing “challenging” characters, and he does not mind doing a gay role. As a matter of fact, he had an offer to play a gay character in an indie film a few years back, but he had to decline it due to a prior commitment. “I was supposed to do one back then for a Cinema One original. I was supposed to do an indie film pero I wasn’t allowed to kasi I was doing Palos at that time so hindi pa puwede.”

When ABS-CBN.com asked him if was willing to kiss or do intimate scenes with a guy, Jake hesitated and said that he still has to think about it. “I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. If the role calls for it and I trust the director and I need to do it, then I will.”

Jake was quick to add though that the role should suit him and test his versatility as an actor. “I’m really looking forward to doing one. Kasi it’s coming out of my box, it’s breaking [down] my walls to do a role like that. I think maybe at the right time [I will]. If it’s the perfect role I’ve been waiting for, then I’ll do it.”

However, Jake is in no rush since he is currently enjoying his work in Tayong Dalawa. “I’m going to give the emotional roller coaster ride they look for when they watch Tayong Dalawa,” he beamed

0 comments

Post a Comment

Label 4